17 – Heralds of the Morning
17 - Heralds of the Morning
Chapter Study Questions
1. List Old Testament characters who foresaw the coming of Christ with its associated events. Which of them stressed the judgment? the resurrection? the great joy of the redeemed? the glory of the coming and the physical phe-nomena seen in nature (299:1–300:3)?
2. What positive words of Christ add certainty to the hope of His return? Who will accompany Him (301:1)?
3. What testimony did the angels, Paul, and John give regarding the manner of Christ’s coming (301:2)?
4. How is the coming of Christ related to the restoration of that which was lost at the fall of man (301:3–302:1)?
5. What special experiences have caused intense longing for Christ’s return among His followers (302:2–4)?Photo by ben o’bro on Unsplash.Heralds of the Morning
6. How were the Reformers cheered in their work by the “blessed hope” (303:1–4)?
7. What was the earliest of the promised signs of the nearness of the end (304:1–305:2)?
8. Show how the timing of the dark day of 1780 fulfilled the prophecy? Was it recognized by many who witnessed it as fulfilling specific scriptural prophecy (306:1–308:1)?
9. What was the spiritual condition of the church when the signs of Christ’s coming began to appear? Show that this also was a subject of prophecy (309:1–3).
10. What prophetic features of the “day of the Lord” constitute a mighty call to arouse from spiritual lethargy (310:1–311:1)?
11. What message of warning was due at this time, and what kind of people would give it (311:2–312:3)?
12. How many of God’s people were looking for Christ at His first advent? What was the attitude of the religious leaders at that time to the prophecies of His com -ing? What kinds of people were chosen to announce the birth of Jesus? What lessons are there in this experience for our time (313:1–316:1)?